I know it's hot in the U.S. right now. Or so seattletimes.com tells me . . .
It's also hot here. 95 degrees today and 104 announced for Friday. Not looking forward to that.
It's so hot that we have to close the windows upstairs during the day and open them later in the evening to try and cool the bedroom down. However, we can't leave the windows open when it's dark because . . .
WE HAVE BATS.
Pascal found Batman and Batgirl flapping around the other night, just before going to bed. The next morning, I found some "souvenirs" on my nightstand. Gross.
The next night, we were watching TV in the dark and the front door was open to let in the cool air and guess who invited himself in . . . of course, once we turned on the light, he stopped moving. I located him with my eagle-eye and handed Pascal the colander to trap him and return him to the great outdoors. Not without a few squeaks on his part, and a scream on mine.
I don't do well with bats.
The sad thing is that they aren't that big (the body is about the size of a man's thumb). It's the wingspan that makes them appear larger-than-life!
Needless to say, we've been sleeping with the window closed. Crossing my fingers that screens are down the road . . .
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment