Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Where Were We?

Hey! Hi! Hello!

I'm back. In France, that is. After three glorious weeks State-side, the vacation is over. Back to life . . .

My trip on March 1 started on a low note: the in-flight entertainment system didn't work on the 10 hour flight from Paris to Seattle. Those 10 hours felt like 20, plus the fact that my back was killing me, which made it a challenge to get in and out of my seat every hour. Also, I took a food gamble and didn't order a vegetarian meal, thinking that one of the entrées would be pasta. I was offered chicken or fish. Thank goodness for the snacks I'd packed! To add insult to injury, when I arrived in Seattle, neither one of my suitcases had made it on the plane. I was informed that both would be on the next day's flight and would be delivered to the house (and they were).

The return journey was a million times better: I had entertainment! I watched this, then this, tried this but didn't like it, watched this and 3/4 of this. My food gamble paid off and I had pasta with marinara sauce. And most importantly, my packed-to-the-gills suitcases were waiting for me in baggage claim! The only blip was a cold that I picked up from my seat mate, so not only am I jet-lagged, but I'm stuffy. Hopefully, I'll be feeling better in a week or so!

I have mountains of paperwork to sort through, a cat to cuddle (after the initial "who the heck are you?!?"period), a dog to give biscuits to and a house to clean. Back to reality, I guess . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you oodles already...I am glad you were able to watch a few movies on the way home. Give your belly a pat for me!
XO M

Anonymous said...

glad to know things went better on the way home. thanks for the call before you left--sorry to miss you.
check your email soon...
-kb