Today I had an emergency appointment with Dr. Pain, the only dentist that Pascal could find that was open on Saturday and had a spot available.
I needed to see a dentist ASAP because on Friday night, my lingering head cold morphed into a sinus infection, with the sinus fluids putting pressure on the roots of my upper teeth, causing an incredibly sore face and toothache (as suggested by Dr. Google). Needless to say, I only got two hours of sleep last night.
Dr. Pain confirmed that yes, I had a sinus infection and needed antibiotics stat, before it spread to the other side of my face, blah blah blah. I didn't need to be convinced.
The antibiotics have been started and I'm still taking painkillers to help with the toothache. I hope to feel better very, very soon.
*The fact that the dentist's name is Dr. Pain is only humorous to English speakers - however, pain is the French word for bread, so technically his name is Dr. Bread. Perhaps he can pursue baking in his next life . . .
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment