Sunday, July 25, 2010

Scoodles

We have a new hamster!  OK, he's a Zhu Zhu pet, which is the big craze in France now.  I think it already passed State-side, like around Christmas time.








He was a gift from Pascal's cousins, who arrived last night from Bordeaux for a visit.  Pascal always uses the term "cousin" very loosely, so to clarify, Nathalie's paternal great-grandmother and Pascal's paternal grandmother were sisters, making Nathalie his second cousin once removed.  (That chart is so handy - since Nathalie's great-great-grandmother and Pascal's great-grandmother is the same person, it was easy to find where they intersect to determine the exact relationship.  Clearly, saying "cousin" is just much, much easier.)  

Nathalie and Djamel have three girls, Alicia, Lisa and Ava.  Ava is the youngest at 7 years old, and she LOVES small children.  It took her about five minutes to start doting on Sophie; it took Sophie about 15 minutes before she took Ava's hand and even longer to not be scared of Scoodles, which she keeps calling a mouse :)

Anyhoo, the house is full and I'm stressed about meals (cooking for 7.5 people - not used to it!) and there are adventures to be had.  We need some nice weather, stat!

***
On a completely frivolous note, I received an email from a online shoe store that advertised an extra 20% off their sale shoes.  For fun, I decided to check it out and I sorted the shores from high to low, price-wise.  These are what caught my eye:

I love red (patent, to boot!) and orange together so from Marc Jacobs, originally priced at $457 (!) (I'd be afraid to WEAR them), reduced to $183, and the additional 20% off makes them an affordable (ahem) $146.  But what kind of outfit would one need to pull these puppies off?  Simple skirt?  Capris?  White top?  They are charming, just like the description says.  I know, I know, there is no accounting for taste!   












My country bumpkin lifestyle doesn't warrant any of these either, but they are still fun:



















































I love pretend shoe shopping :)

1 comment:

Reluctant Flyer said...

That red peep-toe slip on with the silver trim is ADORABLE! What website is that??? You should know better than to dangle shoe shopping in front of me. :)