It's been crazy around here. First of all, we leave in two days. TWO DAYS. I have not packed a thing and this stresses me out.
Last Saturday night, Pascal's cousin Nathalie, her husband and their three daughters arrived for their vacation. They left Friday afternoon. On Tuesday night, long-time family friends (four total) arrived for their vacation. They're leaving the same day we leave, after graciously taking us to the airport.
For three days, I/we were cooking for 11.5 (Sophie being the .5). It's a lot of work. Plus, two of the girls are diabetic so a certain time line must be observed, as well as what is eaten, etc.
Yesterday, we drove to Gavarnie. One can walk or rent a horse to get closer to the falls, where there is a restaurant to recharge with a frosty cold beverage. THANK GOODNESS, is all I'm sayin'.
 |
| Postcard-perfect | | | | |
 |
Gavarnie Falls
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
| Getting ready to start the hike |
 |
| Sophie wisely hitched a ride with Lisa |
 |
| I had a turn too! |
There are lots of souvenir shops as you leave. Sophie darted into one and started trying on berets - must be that French blood in her veins :)
 |
| Trying on her first beret |
No comments:
Post a Comment