A little back story: this summer I made a Lego table for the kids and bought a box of 480 classic Lego bricks for $30 for the kids to build with. 480 bricks is actually not that many, given the variety of sizes, rims, wheels, eyes, etc. that were included.
Fast forward to Thanksgiving Day: on our way to Shoreline, I asked Pascal to leave his car at Walmart so I could pop in on our way home while he continued on with the kids. I'd seen a Black Friday ad for 1500 Lego bricks for $30 and wanted to score one for the kids. Disclaimer: this was the first time ever that I went to a store on Thanksgiving Day. It was crazy pants - not a cart in sight - when I got there at 8:30. The BF deals had started at 6. I walked around and didn't see the Legos. I asked and they said if they were not in this one spot, then they were gone. I figured I missed out but another shopper told me to check up at customer service for go backs, because people often changed their minds while checking out and getting a higher total than anticipated. It seemed far fetched but it was worth a shot and as I walked into customer service, I spotted a cart with two of the 1500 piece Lego sets!!! I might have squealed :) The shopper who gave me the advice happened to be there too and I was able to thank him - and he also found his coveted item in the go back cart. I scurried home to bed because my alarm was going off at 4:30 the next morning ....
Sunday, November 29, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment