Pascal heard the car alarm go off around 2. I managed to block it out until 3:30, when Sophie woke up for the day (thank you, six hour time change). The alarm continued to go off. We watched TV and waited for the breakfast bar to open at 6.
Pascal went to get breakfast for us and the alarm was still going off. After peeking outside, he determined that it was not a car alarm, but a building alarm. And it was still going off.
At 7, just when I was getting ready to stab my eardrums out, it stopped. Of course it did, because it was now too late to go back to bed! D'oh.
We pulled ourselves together and stepped out into the brisk air, complete with a clear blue sky and glorious sunshine.
Where we went:
Ground Zero
Financial District/Wall Street
Tiffany & Co. :)
Brooklyn Bridge
The Statue of Liberty
Starbucks, where I had the best - THE BEST! - eggnog latte
Times Square at night (Sophie and I stayed at the hotel)
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Did you stand outside at Tiffany and look through the window eating a pastry? :)
Post a Comment