Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Deck The Halls

I admit that I have been thinking about Christmas. My excuse is that because we spent Christmas State-side last year, none of my Christmas decorations made it out so I'm really looking forward to decorating!

Our (faux) tree is 7 feet tall, because our ceilings are 12 feet tall (Pascal's estimate). When we bought the tree a few years ago, we also bought lights. Logical, no? However, upon getting home, setting up the tree and ripping open the lights, I discovered that whoever manufactured these lights were idiots because 1. the strands do not connect end-to-end and 2. each strand has a heavy black box at one end. So, we were forced to start each strand at the top of the tree, run them vertically, while leaving the power strip under the tree. Just not the look I was going for . . . and, they were expensive! BAH HUMBUG.

With my Thanksgiving trip home, I have a chance to stock up on a few necessities, such as much-needed Christmas lights. I just found this general rule on the internet: 100 lights per foot of tree height. I guess I will be looking for a good deal on seven 100 light strands!

The big decisions will be: white or multicolor? Regular or LED?

P.S. Maurice is being released at 3 today. It will be nice to have him back home. Sophie misses him (Papy! Papy!) and I know he misses Sophie.

No comments: