Hey, it's not 10:50 pm so I'm feeling great about this daily blogging business!
Sophie was born in the wee hours of a Saturday morning. On Monday morning, there was a knock on my door and it was a photographer, wanting to take photos of (unshowered) me and my baby. I had no idea the hospital provided this opportunity so I was caught off-guard and declined to be in any photos (duh) but said yes for Sophie, who sadly was wearing a not-very-cute outfit as the others had gone home to be washed. I did buy the photos of course but I vowed to be more prepared if we had the chance with #2.
Thomas was born on a Thursday night. I wondered if the photographer would be by on Friday but nope. On Monday morning, the midwife asked me if I wanted to be discharged a day early as there was no real reason for us to stay. I said sure, I was ready to take my puffy feet home!
 |
| My toes were so puffy that they didn't even touch the floor when standing |
The midwife took Thomas for a blood draw and while I finished packing our bags, the photographer showed up. OF COURSE. I asked her to come back in 15 minutes. She returned and was getting started when Pascal walked in having just picked up Sophie from school. I want to note that Pascal let Sophie pick out her own clothes that day (you can't see the light pink tutu over BROWN leggings) and she had just had a snack in the car :) This is what we ended up with, and I'm glad I saved a cute outfit for Photo Day!
 |
| I conceded to let my hand be in the photo |
 |
| I wonder what he was thinking about |
 |
| Sophie is doing the sign for "smile" |
 |
| Resting on Pascal's hand |
No comments:
Post a Comment