Today I finally got to pick up a copy of Quinoa 365 at the library! I'd seen this cookbook at Costco and hope to discover some new quinoa recipes! While waiting for the cookbook, I found and made this recipe and highly recommend it!
Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
1 c quinoa prepared with chicken stock
2 c chicken stock
1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
4 T olive oil
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
20 leaves fresh basil, julienned
grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
Saute the chicken in olive oil until golden brown. Add onions and bell peppers and saute for 1-2 more minutes. Add garlic and saute until peppers become slightly limp, but still bright. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the pan from heat and add basil and cooked quinoa. Toss until basil wilts and garnish with parmesan cheese.
Saturday, November 05, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment